The UAE as we all know is a tourist magnet, listed by many as one of the world’s leading travel destinations.
If you’re looking to visit the UAE on a budget, then short-term rentals are a comfortable and cheaper alternative to expensive and most often than not, small hotel rooms. While some are fully furnished, most short-term stays also feature equipped kitchens. Not just travelers, serviced short-term rentals are also rented by those waiting for their visas to be able to rent permanent accommodation.
More importantly, the Dubai government is taking steps to ensure that short-term leases are professionally managed and well regulated by passing a ruling in November 2013 that requires owners leasing for less than six months to get a license via the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) or face an AED 5,000 fine.
Here’s a guide to Dubai real estate, especially short-term rentals. Take a look at what you can expect to get when you rent a short stay in the city.
1. Fully furnished spaces: Often, short-term rentals are fully furnished and perfect for anyone looking to stay for a few days, weeks or months until they return home and experience the ‘home away from home’ feeling. Most short-term rentals also feature high standards of interior design and furnishings and good locations and common amenities and facilities such as gym and pool.
2. Savings: With online travel expected to only rise over the years, short-term rentals offer a much nicer setting in comparison to the cramped setting of a hotel room. While some may be able to stay in a fancy hotel suite, it is often out of reach for most people. One gets a lot more room in a short-term rental, making it particularly economical and comfortable for families.
3. Location: Hotels may not always be ideal as they are usually located in downtown or tourist nabes, which may not be comfortable if you are in the city on a business trip, for instance. Dubai real estate, especially short-term rentals, is often located in less busy but convenient districts, great for when you want to easily commute to popular hangouts or enjoy a quiet sundowner.
4. Checking in is easy: Worried that booking a short stay may be time consuming? Short-term rental guests can now check in online via the DTCM system with passport copy and contact details.
5. Legally regulated: The government has taken a proactive role in thinking long term about short-term rentals. It is addressing Dubai’s dramatic influx of visitors by bringing Dubai real estate, especially short-term rentals, under the same regulatory structure as hotels. By requiring that all properties are licensed, the focus is now on delivering quality accommodations and service for guests.
At bhomes.com, you can browse as much information as you want about Dubai short-term rentals. Check out our short-term properties for rent.