The MEP Engineer is responsible in overseeing and ensuring that the facilities and maintenance of managed
buildings are carried out within standard and desirable outputs, and all health and safety parameters are in
place as per Municipality and Civil Defense requirements, and managing the existing systems and developing
better systems, better maintained properties, better tenant satisfaction and high returns on investment to
The MEP Engineer manages the F&M division in all managed portfolios professionally, guide team to ensure
maximum stakeholder satisfaction and minimize landlords' monetary expenditure related to maintenance.
Reporting to the Head of Property Management, the MEP Engineer will play a critical role in helping the Company
achieve its vision, values and strategic profit objectives.
The incumbent is responsible to maintain the highest quality of customer and client satisfaction while actively
seeking out and developing new business. To be successful the incumbent must develop a collaborative work
ethic between all departments and understand the facility management services in details. Other
accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaises with Portfolio Managers (PM), Supervisors, service providers and highlighting Facility
Management (FM) issues with high risks/ potential hazards and ensure prompt resolution through
reporting about practices if unsafe or adversely impacting environment, our staff, our business and
our clients, and escalate to the Head of Property Management for more serious problems.
- Manage and review AMCs, quotations and compare cost against scope of work, and give
- Inspect the newly managed buildings and list snags, prepare handover inspection report in
conjunction with PM and analyze property condition, give recommendation.
- Ensure due diligence in implementing building maintenance and repair quickly and efficiently,
referring to the PM only when repairs exceed a pre-determined figure.
- Ensure that the day to day operational activities of Facilities and Maintenance Division is in order
and align with the company's vision and strategic objectives in correlation with landlord's
- Building good long term relationships with landlords; preparing proposals and reports, and meeting
with clients in conjunction with Portfolio Managers to secure the business. Maintain regular contact
with established clients, vendors and service provider in order to gauge clients' satisfaction and
improve our services.
- Minimizing FM related expenses on behalf of the landlord by ensuring, in conjunction with Portfolio
Managers, service providers and vendors that all maintenance works in properties are carried out
within the standard with the least monetary expenditure and landlords' written approval (for works
- Consistently monitoring FM service providers' performance, appearance, attendance and conduct
to ensure that it is to a professional standard and in line with Better Homes policies and procedures
at all times.
- Conducting KPIs for service providers, and carrying out routine and non-routine inspections/audits
to ensure that professional standards are being maintained and recording the same.
- Operating within the budgetary framework established for the building or portfolio to ensure
compliance with those requirements.
- Producing FM monthly reports to BH and landlord, and reports requirement as per PMGT agreement
briefing on all F&M matters.
- Ensure an accurate filing system is maintained (AMCs, quotations, invoices, relevant documentation,
correspondence, etc.) for building/equipment maintenance, reports and records.
- Ensuring that all maintenance issues are regularly monitored and followed up as necessary to
ensure resolution and satisfaction of all concerned.
- Conduct a half yearly formal performance review for the service providers of each building.
- Conduct and record regular meetings with team members and service providers to ensure smooth
operations of buildings.
- Ensuring that service providers and coordinators act as the representative for both the landlord and
Better Homes LLC in establishing and maintaining harmonious living conditions for all tenants of the
- Ensure that the team operates within the legal parameters, rules and regulations of the relevant
authorities and all health and safety parameters are in place for all our properties as per
Municipality and Civil Defense and any other authorities' requirements.
Other Company related duties that may be assigned by the Head of Property Management that are
consistent with the department and Company mandate.
- Have in depth understanding of relevant laws and regulations related to property/facilities
management, health and safety Municipality and Civil Defense requirements, and continually
update and develop that knowledge.
- Experience in facility management for buildings
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times in correlation with landlord's policy/PMGT
- Have a complete understanding of the system and all FM services and terminologies.
- Outstanding leadership skills (motivating staff, nurturing and inspiring change for the better)
- Outstanding management skills (monitoring business and ensuring performance and compliance)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong work ethic
- Organization and attention to detail
- Professionalism and accountability
- High energy
- Customer service focus
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Local area knowledge
- MEP Engineer with facilities management experience of more than 5 years
- The candidate should have the above experience in Dubai and Sharjah, and own a car