As real estate grows increasingly internet savvy, property seekers can now tour neighbourhoods and even take a peek inside living rooms from the comfort of their homes or offices as they search properties in Dubai. However, while this accessibility of information can help you find that dream home faster, it can alsomake the process overwhelming.
Here’s how you can get the most out of your online real estate search. And find the home or office that other web property hunters may have missed.
1. Use the right websites: Real estate portals are growing in number and getting better and better. Zone in on the major players in your market and visit their websites while you search properties in Abu Dhabi or Dubai as they have the widest range of listings, in-depth and accurate content and the most professional agents in the business.
2. Know how much you can afford: Don’t waste time searching through properties you admire but cannot afford to buy. Even better, try and get preapproved for a mortgage before you search properties in Dubai. Once you know your budget, you can easily filter your search by selecting the price range or number of bedrooms on the search bars.
3. Prioritise: While you search for properties in Abu Dhabi or Dubai, think about how the type of property, how much space you’d prefer and the features you would like your community to have. Make a list of all of the things that are absolute “must-haves” for you. This will provide the basis for your searches and save you time. Then, make a list of “nice to haves.” If the first list yields too many property search results, use the second list to refine your search.
4. Zone in on the neighbourhood: Knowing the area you would like to live in will limit online results as you search for properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Think about the type of community you want to live in. Do you want a neighbourhood with loads of recreational amenities, one with access to exciting nightlife or one that offers plenty of activities for children and is close to good schools? Don’t worry about knowing the area intimately since most property portals will allow you to search by map and draw your ownsearch .
5. Save your searches: A handy online feature is the ability to save your search. This tool allows you to build up a portfolio of properties and set up alerts that will notify you when homes matching your criteria come on the market as you search properties in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
6. Attend open houses: Most property portals display upcoming show days. If you are in the market to buy property seriously, you should go to open houses and check out properties with your agent. This will help you eliminate guesswork as you search properties in Dubai.
7. Read good blogs: If you are looking to search properties in Dubai, real estate blogs allow you to get the pulse of the local market and know in real time what is going on. Bookmark the ones you like and read them when you can. They are a great resource for prospective buyers looking to search properties in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.